Thanks to two awesome friends of mine (LOVE YOU GUYS!) I was able to go to the World Premiere of Catching Fire and the aftershow party on Monday, and IT WAS AWESOME.
I was famously not a huge fan of the first film, but who’s gonna turn down an opportunity to walk down the red carpet?? Err no one, obviously. And I must say, the film was soooooooooo much better than the first one and now I feel like I was maybe a bit harsh about it, but the book is just so perfect!
A few things that happened:
- We decided to walk around the red carpet twice and it was in no way because we went the wrong way. Honest.
- The J-Law looked beautiful in a long red coat…not huge on the short hair though.
- I actually enjoyed the film. Hurrah!
- The aftershow party was at The Royal Court of Justice which is STUNNING. I have never been plied with so much free booze and food before in my entire life. We only meant to stay for a little while. I got home at 4am.
- I had to try really hard to not lose my shit over McFly/ McBusted. Especially Dougie, even if he did look stupid in his hat.
- I may or may not have ‘accidentally’ brushed past Danny McFly on my way to the toilet. I did not need the toilet.
- GALE WAS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND 😦 But Finnick was EVERYWHERE.
- I spotted the geeky guy From Atlantis, no one else had any idea who he was.
- Too much Champagne.
- All in all, a successful night of fangirling was had. And we somehow managed to not embarrass ourselves…I think.
The night in pictures:
I didn’t want to be *that* person so I didn’t take many photos but here are some I managed to snap.
The Royal Court of Justice Aftershow Party. In trying not to be *that* person, I basically just took some blurry photos of the building and myself and Di.
I’m sure I was trying to sneakily take a picture of a Famous here but I don’t know who. #TooMuchChampagne
Yes, I stole the menu, and what!?
There was a pretty awesome photobooth!
The Night in Tweets:
‘wait i need to put some vaseline on’ @lipsyy as soon as she sees McFly
— Dianne Tanner (@diannespanner) November 11, 2013
Hey cute boy who plays Finnick Odair- you have been famous for approx 3 days. Don’t roll your eyes at fans. It is Too soon. Poor form.
— Dianne Tanner (@diannespanner) November 12, 2013
It is 4am…..bad times!
— Lipsy Pennell (@lipsyy) November 12, 2013
So usually I would do a post ranting about the how film is not as good as the book. But I’m not going to this time. I’m going to try and embrace it. See, I can grow as a person! That, or I’m just too hungover.