Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish (Click the image to visit them). This week the topic is Top Ten authors that were new to me in 2013.
So this is all a bit rushed because IT’S CHRISTMAS AND I’M BEHIND ON SO MANY THINGS (deep breaths), but I really wanted to take part because I’ve discovered so many great new authors this year. So here goes:
- Kiera Cass (The Selection; The Elite) Obvs
- Kristin Cashore (Graceling; Fire; Bitter Blue) I miss this series 😦
- Emma Carroll (Frost Hollow Hall) This was my first ever ARC review. Loved it.
- Kenneth Gregory (The Polaris Whisper) Another ARC review, Kenneth recently tweeted me to say that they used one of my quotes in the book launch promo video (below). Chuffed!
- Sarah J. Mass (Throne of Glass; Crown of Midnight) Celaena has been one of my favourite characters this year.
- Glynis Cooney (Daughter of Camelot) I loved this Arthurian YA adventure.
- Rachel Hartman (Seraphina) This was only the 2nd book I read this year, but it definitely stands out as one of the best.
- Rachel Cohn & David Levithan (Nick & Norah’s Infinite Playlist; Dash & Lily’s Book of Dares) I’d read some Levithan before but never these two together, I love both of their collaborations.
- Debbie Macomber (Starry Night) I just reviewed this here
- Terra Harmony (Water) I need to read the other books in the series!
The Polaris Whisper Book Launch:
It looked like a great event. What made you list? Feel free to leave a link!