Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish (Click the image to visit them).
This week the theme is: Top Ten Things on my Reading Wishlist
Most, if not all of these must exist but I want more of them! If you guys have any recommendations please leave a comment! 🙂
- YA books in which girls are not obsessed with boys
- YA books set in a tennis academy/the world of tennis (I’m actually planning to write one of these so I guess it’s good I haven’t come across many!)
- Female protagonists who can see themselves as others see them, and not how they see themselves (which is always ugly or plain, or fat, or unwanted).
- More kick-ass Vampire fiction where the vampires are actually dangerous/scary/not sparkly. Damn you, Twilight.
- YA Arthurian fiction – I read one great one last year and I need more.
- Scarlett Thomas to release something amazing. Our Tragic Universe was a let down but she is one of my favourite British Authors
- More Katsa/Po from the Graceling world
- Gay characters who are not hung up about being gay
- Horror that is actually scary (I wanted Doctor Sleep to fulfill this last year. It didn’t.)
- YA books that don’t ignore parents!