This week the topic is Covers That You’d Frame as Pieces of Art.
So I wouldn’t necessarily want all of these hanging on my walls, but here are some my favourite book covers.
- The End of Mr Y – Scarlett Thomas
- Zombies Vs Unicorns – Holly Black et al
- Graceling – Kristin Cashore
- The Princess Bride – William Goldman
- The Assassin’s Blade – Sarah J. Maas
- Words Once Spoken – Carly Drake
- The Book of Lost Things – John Connolly
- Doon – Carey Corp & Lorie Langdon
- Inkheart – Cornelia Funke
- Dark Eden – Chris Beckett
And one more for good measure: I found this book in a charity shop a while back and was so taken with it I had to buy it. It’s so terrible, but in a really great way. It’s very pulp fiction. And I don’t mean the film. I just love it – the head is all shiny! I would totally hang this on my wall – I’m weird like that!
Ice Orchids (1984)