This week the topic is: Top Ten Sequels I Can’t Wait To Get
As most of you know, I’m terrible at finishing series, so I limited the ones I started this year, but, there are still some I’m dying to get my hands on. Therefore this week, I’m doing the top ten sequels that I need to read, whether I already own or need to get.
1. Shadow Scale (Seraphina #2) – OMG March needs to hurry the hell up! I Need This! The second Seraphina book is due for release March 10th, and promises to be ‘an epic battle between humans and dragons.’ Eeeek.
2. Endgame: The Training Diaries – I really liked Endgame: The Calling and I’m intrigued to read these prequels. I think focusing on one player at a time will really help us get to know them better than we did in the first book. The first novella is released December 16th, e-book only.
3. Dark Satanic Mills – I don’t know if this graphic novel is going to have a sequel, BUT IT NEEDS TO. I loved it, but I wasn’t at all satisfied with the ending. It was definitely left open for more, so fingers crossed. I reviewed it here.
4. Knife Edge (Noughts & Crosses #2) – OK so ‘can’t wait’ clearly doesn’t apply here as I read the first book, Noughts & Crosses, years ago. I gave it 5/5 and always intended on carrying on with the series, but you know how it is. I will get a copy of this. I WILL!
5. Fairest & Winter (The Lunar Chronicles 3.5 & #4 – All of the Lunar Chronicles, I need it all! Favourite series of the year…may it continue to reign! The novella, Fairest is due for release Feb 15th, and Winter is expected November 2015. SOB!
6. The Bane Chronicles – Yes I’m counting this as a sequel. It’s a spin-off from The Mortal Instruments series, in which I only got up to book 3. But, Magnus Bane and Alec, or Malec as all the cool kids like to call them were my favourite characters (totally hot, right?), and now they have their own book. Ahhhh me, me me!
7. Heir of Fire (Throne of glass #3) – This is another one that I fully intended to read straight away but just haven’t got round to. I love this series though so I need to make time ASAP!
8. The Heir (The Selection #4) – I did a whole fangirling post on this here. I am obsessed with The Selection Series, but worried this new incarnation of it might be taking it too far. Some things should end when they are at their peak…no? That’s just the cynic in me talking. Move along. The Heir is expected to be released in May 2015.
9. Last Stand of Dead Men (Skulduggery Pleasant #8) – I’ve totally fallen behind with this series, but there are only two books left. I’ve had the penultimate one sitting on my shelf since the start of year. I need a slap.
10. Empire of Shadows #2: I really loved Daughter of Camelot and have been waiting patiently for details of the next book ever since. Please hurry!