Last year was my first full year of blogging, and like most book bloggers, I set myself some challenges. So, how did I do?
Hmm…not that great, but not toooooo bad either.
Here are the goals I set myself and how I did:
The Goodreads Challenge/ Yearly Goal
Goal: 70 books
Outcome: 71 – Success!
You can see the full list here.
The TBR Pile Reading Challenge
The idea of this challenge was to read some of the older books on my shelves that I never got round to – so I made a rule that only books I’d had for over five months counted. That was a mistake.
Goal: 11-20 books
I wanted to make time to reread some of my favourite books. These are the ones I chose:
- Northern Lights (His Dark Materials #1) by Phillip Pullman
- Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
- Peter Pan by J.M Barrie
- Sunshine by Robin Mckinley
- The Final Testament of the Holy Bible by James Frey
- The Time Traveller’s Wife by Audrey Niffennegger
- The Gates by John Connolly
- – 10. The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne CollinsGoal:
Outcome:2 (The Shame!)
I wanted to finish the following series:
The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
Status 01/2014: Book 3/5
Status 01/2015: Book 3/5
The Akasha Series by Terra Harmony
Status 01/2014: Book 1/4
Status 01/2015: Book 1/4
The Chaos Walking Trilogy by Patrick Ness
Status 01/2014: Book 1/3
Status 01/2015: COMPLETE!
So, a mixed bag! It could have been worse I guess.
I’m going for the minimal approach this year.
1. Goodreads Challenge: Upped to 75
2. Reread Challenge: I still want to reread all of those on the list so I’m going to continue plucking away at that one.
3. TBR Challenge: This time, I’m going to make a list of all the books I have sitting on my shelves (which I will publish at some point) and just see how many I can get through. Whatever I don’t pick up, I WILL take to a charity shop at the end of the year.
Good Luck to us all!