This popular end-of-year survey is hosted by Jamie at the Perpetual Page Turner. To join in, click the link to visit the original post.
- Number Of Books Read: 66
- Number of Re-Reads: 0!
- Genre You Read The Most From: YA
- Best Book You Read In 2015?
Aristotle & Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz
- Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
The Wolf Wilder by Katherine Rundell
- Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
- Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
Erm either The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black, or The Lunar Chronicles!
- Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?
Red Queen – Victoria Aveyard
The Kiss of Death – Marcus Sedgwick
Winter – Marissa meyer
- Favourite new author you discovered in 2015?
Ahh so many…either Benjamin Alire Sáenz or Rosamund Lupton
- Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
Fearless by Devon Hartford
- Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
- Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
The Darkest Part of the Forest/Ari & Dante/ Red Queen
- Favourite cover of a book you read in 2015?
- Most memorable character of 2015?
Ruby from The Quality of Silence
- Most beautifully written book read in 2015?
The Darkest Part of the Forest
- Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?
Golden Boy by Abigail Tarttelin
- Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read?
The Kiss of Death – Marcus Sedgwick. Published in 2008
- Favourite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?
“There are worst things in life than kissing boys” – Ari & Dante
- Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?
Badjelly the Witch by Spike Milligan: 64 pgs
Winter by marissa Meyer: 824 pgs
- Book That Shocked You The Most
The Quality of Silence
- OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Ari & Dante / Cinder & Kai
- Favourite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Hazel & Ben (Darkest part of the Forest) and Celaena & Rowan (Heir of Fire)
- Favourite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
- Best Book You Read In 2015 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
Uhm none really. Though, a lot of people recommended James Dawson (Cruel Summer), and Rebel Belle to me.
- Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?
Rowan (Heir of Fire), follwed closely by Prince Cal (Red Queen)
- Best 2015 debut you read?
- Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
The Darkest Part of the Forest
- Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
Both Rebel belle (Rachel Hawkins) and Vengeance Road (Erin Bowman), were SO much fun!
- Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?
Ari & Dante, The Darkest Part of the Forest, Golden Boy…too many!
- Hidden Gem Of The Year?
Frozen Charlotte by Alex Bell
- Book That Crushed Your Soul?
- Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?
The Light That gets Lost by Natasha Carthew
- Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
- New favourite book blog you discovered in 2015?
There were quite a few but My Tiny Obsessions was the first one that came to mind.
- Favourite review that you wrote in 2015?
The Darkest Part of the Forest, I think.
- Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
I was really rubbish at doing discussion posts this year – none spring to mind!
- Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
I really enjoyed Horror October again this year.
- Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?
I was really pleased to be invited to the Vulieo Blog Awards, and a bloggers picnic – although I couldn’t attend either due to work and sickness 😦 Nice to be invited though!
- Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
Finding the time/motivation to keep going!
- Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
Despite being published in August 2014, This is Endgame was also my most viewed post of 2015
- Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
All guest posts!
- Best bookish discovery (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Oh, I dunno! I checked out Audible for the first time but I still haven’t subscribed.
- Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?Uhm no, I pretty much failed…but that’s OK!
- One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2016?
Only Ever Yours by Louise O’Neill
- Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2016 (non-debut)?
The Glass Sword (Red Queen #2)
- 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
Save Me, Kurt Cobain by Jenny Manzer
- Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016?
The glass Sword!
- One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016?
- A 2016 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone
Woah that was long, but fun! Feel free to leave the link to yours if you joined in.