Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish (Click the image to visit them). This week the theme is Top Ten things that make your life as a reader or blogger easier.
I concentrated more on my life as a reader than a blogger. Here goes…
1. Goodreads I basically just want to answer Goodreads to all 10 of these, because Goodreads is King and I’m sure I don’t need to explain why.
2. ReaditSwapit I love being part of this site. It’s really easy to use and I’ve never had any trouble, as in not getting a book in return. It’s a great way to get rid of unwanted books and get ones you do want in return.
3. One Hour Lunch Breaks Having a 9-5 job does have some perks, and I LOVE getting in an hour of reading half-way through my day.
4. Fellow Bloggers You guys keep me entertained, informed and inspired.
5. Amazon I kinda hate to say it but Amazon makes it easier and cheaper for me to buy books. It definitely has a lot to do with how many books I have on my TBR pile at any given time.
6. Lazy Weekend Mornings Book in Bed time at the weekends is bliss for me, and when I get most of my reading done.
7. Long Tube/Train Journeys Similarly, when Book in Bed time is impossible, travelling is always a good excuse to spend time reading. I can never understand people who spend time travelling or commuting staring into space and looking bored. What a waste of time. I carry a book with me pretty much everywhere because you never know when you’re going to be left hanging around. I hate wasting time, life is short, yeah.
8. Charity Shops and people who donate books to them I love second-hand books and finding bargain books in charity shops not only saves me money, but is totally satisfying.
9. Friends Similar to other Book Bloggers, my book-loving friends make reading easier by way of recommendations and borrowing. They also make it a whole lot of fun. I’m looking at you, Di and Doreen!
10. GOOD BOOKS Pretty obvious I guess, but the sheer amount of amazing books out there make my life better, and definitely make Book Blogging easier. Good work to all involved. .
I wish I could have added my local library to this list as I’d love to support it. But the fact is, my local library is pretty rubbish which upsets me a lot.