Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish (click the link to visit them) who pick a different topic each week.
This week the topic is…Top Ten Childhood Characters You’d Love To Revisit As Adults. Or you could pick 10 characters and guess what you think they’d be doing in 10 years or 20 years.
There were a few different options for this week’s topic but I decided to do characters that I’d like to check up on ten years later.
- Peter Pan and Wendy: Is Wendy married? Does she still think about Peter Pan? Is Peter Pan still in Neverland? There have been quite a few versions of what may have happened to Peter and Wendy but none of them have satisfied me thus far.
- The Pevensies (Narnia): Did Susan and Peter ever return to Narnia? Or maybe they had children (not together of course…now that would be a different kind of story altogether) and they somehow ended up in Narnia? There is always room for more Narnia stories in my mind.
- Winnie & Tuck (Tuck Everlasting): Did Tuck ever find love? Did Winnie ever go back to the immortal spring? Did she get older and change her mind?
- Bella & The Cullens (Twilight): Where do Bella & Edward settle next? Do they get jobs or go back to school? Do they ever argue? Does Carlise ever do anything wrong? Does Jasper crack a smile? ALL THINGS I THINK ABOUT. LOL!
- Katniss (Hunger Games): Where you at, Katniss? Please tell me you left ugh-Peeta and went to find Gale. Your children will understand, they’re probably Gale’s anyway, amiright?
- Melinda (Speak): I’d love to see what Melinda gets up to after high school. Is she able to enjoy her life? Is she stronger for what she went through? Does make friends?
- Jack (Room): Similarly I’d like to know how Jack got on after his traumatic childhood. What was he like as a teenager? Was he able to live a normal life?
- Ari & Dante: Oh how I’d love to check up on these guys 10 years on. Are they still together? They have to be, right?
I’m struggling to think of more…that’s enough book-dreaming for now methinks! Who would you like to check up on ten years later?