Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish (click the link to visit them) who pick a different topic each week.
This week the topic is: Thanksgiving Freebie – I’m going for 10 Books I’m thankful for…
- The Chronicles of Narnia: I will always be thankful for this series; it has inspired me my whole life!
- Twilight: As much as this book started a whole trend of bad teen vampire fiction, it also put YA on the map, and I don’t think the young adult genre would be the same without it.
- Harry Potter: I’ve never read them, but even I know that people’s (adults) opinions on ‘kids’ books would not be as favourable as they are today without Rowling’s series.
- A Million Little Pieces: I think this is the book I’ve read the most. It taught me that beautiful things can come out of suffering, and that people can overcome anything with hope and determination.
- Slaughterhouse 5: I think everyone should read this anti-war book, which is completely batshit and poignant all at the same time.
- The End of Mr. Y: This book introduced me to one of my favourite British authors.
- Interview with a Vampire: I’m glad this book exists for the sole purpose of reminding me how vampire should be!
- The Hunger Games: I’m thankful for these books mainly because they’ve given me so much fangirling/ranting material.
- The Time Traveller’s Wife: This book reminded me that literary fiction can be amazing, and that I shouldn’t just read YA all the time!
- Burial Rites: Same as above!
Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends! 🙂