Armchair BEA is a celebration of Book Expo America, and a conference for book bloggers who can’t attend the actual event.
I kind of forgot I’d signed up to be honest, so my involvement might be a bit slap-dash, but that is the story of my life. It looks like a lot of fun, so I’ll try to keep up.
Today’s agenda is an Introduction post – which is about all I can manage at the moment because I’m so hungover – and a discussion about what ‘Literature’ means to you. Which I’m going to cheat a little on…
1. Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging? Where in the world are you blogging from?
My name is Lipsy, which is a nickname I acquired in college because I got my lip pierced and I’m quite loud. My real name is Lauren, but I feel like I’m being told off when people call me that. I started my blog, Lipsyy Lost & Found just over a year ago. I celebrated my first blog birthday last week:).
I’m from Crewe in the UK, which is a small town near Manchester but I’ve been living in London since I went to Uni here. I’m the token Northerner in my group of friends. I would like to thank Game of Thrones for making me sound cooler than I am. The Northerners never forget.
2. Describe your blog in just one sentence. Then, list your social details — Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc. — so we can connect more online.
A book blog full of nonesense.
3. What genre do you read the most?
I love so many genres but YA is my ultimate best, mainly YA fantasy or paranormal romance. But I will literally read anything!
4. Share your favorite book or reading related quote.
❤ Peter Pan!
5. If you were stranded on a deserted island, what 3 books would you bring? Why? What 3 non-book items would you bring? Why?
Twilight, because as sad as it is, I never get bored of reading it.
The Iliad, because I’ve always wanted to read it and I’d obviously have a lot of time on my hands there.
The Complete Works of Shakespeare, because I could make my own fun.
As for non-books, I would take Katniss Everdeen so she could protect me and feed me, and we’d be BFFs. I’d let her choose the other two things. Hopefully Gale would be one of them.
I didn’t prepare a post for this (on what ‘Literature’ means to me, and how I define it) so I am going to cheat by just sharing with you a few of my favourite quotes about literature.