March was a good month. I finally got a start date for my new job, and handed in my notice at my current place. I’m not sure how much I’m allowed to talk about my new job due to the nature of it, but I will be a Library Assistant…in a prison. I’m really excited, and a tad anxious, but really looking forward to it.
I’m not sure how much this will impact my blog, as there is no internet in prison (obviously), and I’m not even allowed to have my phone with me, but I’ll do my best to catch up with things in the evenings. And, I get weekends back! Hurrah! I start mid-April. EEEEK!
Other good things in March were that my mum came to visit and we went to the West End to see The Commitments, a couple of birthdays were celebrated, and I had the best tapas at The Port House.
March 2015 Stats
Total Posts: 17
Books Read: 5
- The Frenchman by Lesley Young, 4/5 (View)
- The Ghosts of Heaven by Marcus Sedgwick, 3/5 (View)
- The Martian by Andy Weir, 4/5 (View)
- Aristotle & Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz, 5/5 (View)
- Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins, 4/5 (View)
Most Surprising: The Frenchman
Most Disappointing: The Ghosts of Heaven
Most Exciting: Rebel Belle
Most Swoon-worthy: Aristotle & Dante…
Most Beautifully Written: Aristotle & Dante…
Genres: YA (2/5); Fantasy (2/5); Contemporary (1/5); Sci-Fi (1/5); Romance (2/5)
Formats/Sources: Advance Copy (1/5); Digital (2/5); Hardback (1/5); Paperback (2/5); Owned (4/5)
Guest Posts, Promos and Other Highlights:
Most Viewed Posts:
- This Week in Books 18.03.15 (View Post)
- This Week in Books 11.03.15 (View Post)
- Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Books From my Childhood I Want to Revisit (View Post)
Here are the April releases I’m most excited about:
- Miss Mayhem ~ Rachel Hawkins – 7th
- Simon Vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda ~ Becky Albertalli – 7th
- In a World Just Right ~ Jen Brooks – 28th
- The Girl at Midnight ~ Melissa Grey – 28th
Available to buy or pre-order from Waterstones.